Although the belltower can be dated to 1628 the church itself is only 100 years old. This belltower and the fine examples of stained glass windows have been protected by Scottish National Heritage. It is unaltered inside. In terms of location it is picturesquely placed by a stream with a private lawn outside the walled graveyard. The graveyard is managed and owned by the council.
The church is situated a 10 minute drive from Insch which has a mainline train station linking to both Aberdeen and Inverness. Amenities are available in Insch with larger shopping facilities 20 minutes drive away in Huntly or Inverurie.