1 High Street
A Grade II listed village Dower House built in 1612 with a large 1805 extension originally built as the village bakery and smokehouse. Set over three floors, the 3,000 sqf property has four double bedrooms each with extensive storage, three bathrooms, three large reception rooms and a farmhouse kitchen-diner with range, built-in dresser and double doors leading out onto a large brick patio with BBQ and bay-tree shaded outside dining area overlooking the gardens. The internal layout can be switched to provide a one or two-room granny / teenager annexe with own external entrance and bathroom without need for planning approvals.
Period features include two large inglenooks with ovens and wood-burning stoves, extensive exposed original Jacobean beams, Georgian sash windows to front and side, Georgian front and back doors with period furniture and locks, stripped Georgian and Victorian internal doors, exposed 17th Century Jacobean wide oak floor boards, stripped 19th Century Georgian floor boards roll-top bath with separate power shower.
Pretty front gardens with Victorian oak picket fencing, large enclosed rear garden with large mature specimen trees, Grade 2 listed timber-framed workshop with power, large lawn with well-stocked cottage flower beds, fully planted vegetable garden with cold frame and greenhouse, soft and hard fruit orchard, newly-planted woodland area, large chicken run, walk-in log store and separate machinery shed.
The current owner has spent £50,000 over the last three years on the interior, exterior and gardens and the house is offered with no forward chain as the owner is moving to Singapore.