Old Manor Cottage
Ash Green Road
*Must Be Seen To Be Appreciated* Of historic interest with Henry VIII/Medieval Heritage, a most individual and attractive Grade II* period East Wing of Ash Manor, set in delightful grounds with country views and affording many fine original character features.
* Farnham 6 miles (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* Guildford 7 miles (Waterloo from 38 minutes)
* Ash mainline station ½ mile
* M3 (Junction 4) 7 miles (All distances and times are approximate)
* Ash Green is a hidden hamlet nestled in an idyllic location in a highly sought after area, situated in the famous Surrey Hills between Farnham and Guildford. There are local shops providing for everyday needs in Ash and Tongham, including a post office, church, public houses and recreation ground, whilst a greater choice of shopping and recreational facilities are available at both Farnham and Guildford.
* There are excellent opportunities within the immediate area for walking, riding and cycling with extensive bridle ways and countryside on the door step. Communications are first class with the A3 and A331 being within a 5 minute drive, linking with the M3, M25, Gatwick and Heathrow. Ash mainline station is easily accessible situated less than one mile away.
* Grade II* list entry number 1294794 at Historic England. The Manor was purchased by Edward II in 1324 and used as a residence by him on several occasions. He built new timber framed buildings on stone foundations and had a ditch dug around the manor and park. Re-purchased by Edward III in 1351 and maintained as a royal residence during C14, but by 1459 was in decay. Early C16 house on site, remains of moat. It forms part of the historic Ash Manor Estate with Henry VIII/Medieval heritage.
* There are fascinating historic notes available from the owner’s agent. The property has Wattle & Daub construction in parts and boasts a wealth of original features including exposed oak timber beams and tiled, timber and brick floors and oak latch doors and superb Inglenook fireplace. The sitting room is a Medieval timber framed hall. There is a fitted kitchen and spacious living accommodation.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS:
* The grounds are a fine feature of the property, with lawns, flower and shrub borders, trees, small vegetable patch, walled orchard, moat, brick patio, Wisteria, rockery, brick walls and pathways, working well with grate, gazebo. Parking for a number of cars, tarmacadam and gravelled driveway.
* Summerhouse, garden shed and greenhouse.