The Butler's House
21 Park Street
A beautiful refurbished Grade II listed 3 bedroom double fronted cottage (c1763) situated in the heart of this historic village. The accommodation includes a fully refitted 28’ kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, 14’ garden room, ample off-street parking and 28’ attic and is set in an elevation position opposite an entrance to Blenheim Palace.
No onward chain.
Historic Bladon is located approximately 2 miles from Woodstock with many quaint cottages. The Village is named after the river Evenlode which was originally the Bladene. Its history goes back to a Roman settlement in the third century and it is recorded in the Doomsday Book
in 1086 under the name of Blade.
The later history of Bladon includes quarrying of limestone which was used in many of the great buildings of Oxford. St Martin’s Church is a Victorian reconstruction of 1894 on the site of an earlier church rebuilt in 1801 and is now famous for the grave of Sir Winston Churchill. Residents of Bladon also have the benefit of a free walking pass into the grounds of Blenheim Palace. There is a bus service to Woodstock, Witney and Oxford and railway stations in Long Hanborough and Kidlington serving both Paddington and Marylebone.